A Passion for Dentistry and Healthy Smiles
I’m a third-generation dentist. Growing up, I knew I wanted to provide outstanding care to my patients, using the latest technology and focusing on individual needs. I strive to connect to and build relationships with each of my patients. I want to know each one as a person, to hear about their lives, and learn who they are.
Those bonds that we form, and the resulting friendships, are fulfilling. I thrive when helping people I care about develop optimal dental health and wonderful, confident smiles.
Education and Commitment to Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Biology – Adelphi University, Garden City, NY
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – University of Medicine and Dentistry, Newark, NJ
- General Practice Residency – Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ
Each year I attend multiple continuing education programs. This enables me to improve my clinical skills and advance my use of technology. In turn, it ensures the most comfortable dental experience possible, along with natural results for my patients. I’ve studied an array of oral healthcare areas, including laser dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, care for sleep apnea, and advanced technologies.
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry, Fellow
- Academy of Laser Dentistry, Past President and former Board Member, Master (Er:YAG, Nd:YAG), Certified Educator
- Florida Dental Association
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Sleep Association
I’m originally from East Brunswick, NJ and practiced dentistry in Roselle Park for eight years with my father. In 1991, I opened a private practice in Manalapan, NJ to be closer to home to spend more time with my family, and to coach my boys in basketball and baseball. In March 2014, I sold my practice and moved to Florida where I opened Burman Dental, L.L.C.
I share my life with my wife, Laura, and three children. Spending time with my family is my priority when I’m not caring for my patients. I’m an avid sports fan (I cheer for the Yankees), but my passion is playing tennis. I also enjoy music and boating.