Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, high-quality dental care. We understand that you or your child may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. We are sensitive to your needs, and it is our goal to make you feel comfortable visiting our practice while providing the best care possible.
Our goal is to change the way dental visits are perceived using technology that allows us to identify problems earlier to save you from extensive or expensive treatment and painful experiences. Your health, well-being, and comfort are our primary concerns.
Your New Patient visit is all about you: your comfort, your happiness, and your health
Generally, your first visit with us will be an examination with the doctor to determine what procedures are necessary. At this visit, the following occurs:
- a review of your dental and medical history
The second part to your New Patient visit will include:
- the taking of prescribed x-rays of your mouth and teeth
- periodontal and oral cancer screenings will be performed
- a consultation with Dr. Burman to discuss findings, to create your own, individual treatment plan, address concerns / answer any questions you may have
- professional cleaning by our hygienist
- examination for cavities or early signs of decay
- a tour of the mouth using an intraoral camera
- intraoral photos taken of any problem areas identified
- home hygiene instruction
Bring your smile, but also remember to bring these with you to your first appointment:
- Your driver's license
- Your dental and medical insurance cards
- If applicable, x-rays and/or reports from your previous dental provider
We would prefer you complete your initial paperwork online and then arrive 15 minutes prior to your first visit with us. However, if you would like to complete the new patient questionnaire in the office, you must arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
The American Dental Association recommends a visit to your dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
We understand you have a busy schedule, so when you’re preparing to visit our office, please remember to allot between 60 and 90 minutes for your maintenance visits.